Clarinet Festivals and Conferences
As a serious clarinet student, you will want to find opportunities to attend and perform at festivals, conferences, and workshops. Each year, you should look for some festival to participate in when you are not in school, either during the summer months, or when you are off-track. This will accelerate your musicianship and allow you to meet other clarinetists to build your network. Below are some festivals to consider.
Belgian Clarinet Academy
- Daily study includes private lessons, master classes, recital performances, classes on warming up, reed making and adjusting, orchestral performing, and audition success.
- Free housing with host families.
- More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lift Clarinet Academy
Hosted annually by Wesley Ferreira (Colorado State University) and Jana Starling (Western University), the focus is on the individual musical, technical and artistic goals of each participant. Each year, the Lift Clarinet Academy brings in a rotating guest artist/teacher to contribute uniquely to each year’s program offerings. The Lift Clarinet Academy will be held in beautiful Fort Collins, Colorado, in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains; a location designed to inspire.
Click here for registration.
Claremont Clarinet Festival
The original summer clarinet performance workshop and festival at Pomona College since 2006.
- Appear as a soloist in two public concerts
- Rehearse daily with a superb professional pianist
- Play in a guest masterclass with either Burt Hara or David Howard
- Take a lesson with either Burt Hara or David Howard
- Work one-on-one in lessons with festival clarinet coaches, Dr. Margaret Thornhill and/or Dr. Wendy Mazon
- Perform in the repertoire masterclass with Margaret Thornhill
- Rehearse and perform an evening of new works with a high-quality clarinet ensemble
- Take a group Alexander Technique lesson
Click here for application.
ClarinetFest is the ultimate clarinet festival, held each summer at different locations around the world. You haven't really experienced a clarinet conference if you haven't participated in a ClarinetFest. If you are unable to attend an International ClarinetFest, Regional Festivals are now available throughout the year in the United States. www.clarinet.org